CaMaR : A Journey to be better muslims



Life of this world


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



O Prophet! Say to your wives: If you desire the life of this world, and its glitter, then come! I will make a provision for you and set you free (i.e. divorce) in a handsome manner. But if you desire Allah and his Messenger, and the home of the Hereafter, then verily, Allah has prepared for the good doers amongst you and enermous reward. ( 33: 28-29)

----

From sahabah:

"I noticed that the contents of his room
comprised of only three pieces of tanned skin and a handful of barley in a corner. I looked but failed to find anything else. I began to cry.

He (Muhammad s.a.w) asked, "Why are you weeping?"
I replied, "O prophet of Allah! How could I not cry? I can see the patterns of the mat imprinted on your body and I am also beholding all that you have in this room. O prophet of Allah! Pray that Allah may grant ample provisions for us. The Persians and the Romans who have no true faith and do not worship Allah but they worship their Kings, live in gardens with streams flowing in their midst. Bit the Chosen Prophet and accepted slave of Allah should live in dire poverty?!"

The Prophet s.a.w. was resting against his pillow, but when he heard me talk like this, he sat up and said, "O Unar! Are you still in doubt about this matter? Ease and comfort in the hereafter are much better than ease and comfort in this world. The disbelievers are enjoying their share of the good things in this world, whereas the Believers have all such thibgs in store for them in the next."
(Muslim)


0 Responses to “Life of this world”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Prayer Times



Ingat-Mengingat




Links


ATOM 0.3

Archives