CaMaR : A Journey to be better muslims




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bismillah
:: A Tribute to Our Moms ::

what imam Muhammad says :
"
Ma sha Allah, my mom really loves this Poem that won the Hosna competition.
I think it's deserving of being put on the frontpage. In sha Allah, print it out and sit with your mom and read it to her."

and here it is ..... a product of AlMaghrib

Re: Poetry Competition
Mom: There's Only One
By Amir Salam *1st Prize Winner

I'm sitting here
Thinking...

There was once a time
a time when I thought I had friends
Lots of em.

Thought I had friends.
Lots of em...

But they say you only have a few friends, always.
They say you only have a few.

I knew a lot of people
Even now, I think I know a lot of people.
Friends?
Yeah, I thought so.
Thought they were.

But they say you only have a few, always.

And I'm thinking...
I think I know now
I think I know what they mean now,
by "just a few".

Someone to count on...
When you lose all hope,
someone to count on...
When you really need someone,
someone to count on...
When you need an Eman Rush,
someone to count on...
When you leave your house, hoping to see a smiling face,
someone to count on...
After you've failed at a task and need someone to vent on,
someone to count on...
When you've had a bad day,
someone to count on...
When you thought you had,
a friend.

They say you only have a few, always.

But I'm thinking...
at times, you've got none.

Except one.

When I was small
When I cried, she was on my side
When I fell, she was there to help
When I was lost, she was right across
And when I was hungry, she gave me a cookie...
When I was older
When I hid something inside, she helped me bring it outside
When I needed someone to pray for me, she was there for me
She was there for me
And when I was hungry, she gave me a cookie...

And I'm still sittin here, thinkin...
About Mom
How little I appreciate her, so little I do for her
I could carry her on my back,
and make a trip to Makkah and back
But I still haven't paid her back
for even one kick.

Do all you can
Do all you can
To show her what she means to you
Because when it comes to who's your real friend
When it comes to who's your best friend
When it seems like you have no friends
There will always be one,
of which there's only one,
Mom.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Prayer Times



Ingat-Mengingat




Links


ATOM 0.3

Archives